Araoz & Rueda Abogados, S.L.P. is committed to the protection of privacy and of the personal data of all of its clients and of all other contacts derived from the use of our web page or within the context of professional meetings, reception of applications, etc.
This Data Protection Policy is an expression of said commitment and informs you as data subject on the collection and use by Araoz & Rueda, as controller, of your personal data; all in accordance with applicable laws and, in particular, with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to processing of personal data (“GDPR”).
1. Collection of your personal data
Araoz & Rueda may collect your personal data in diverse situations such as, within the framework of cases, professional meetings and applications or when you use our web page.
The collection of personal data by Araoz & Rueda is ruled by the principles of purpose limitation and data minimization. Consequently, we only collect personal data which are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
2. Legal basis and purpose for processing your personal data
2.1. Legal basis
Processing of your personal data by Araoz & Rueda only takes place in conformity with applicable regulations and, in particular,
- whenever it is necessary to perform or enter into a contract (e.g., to advice on a case or transaction, to give access to a dataroom, etc.);
- whenever you have given us your express consent (e.g., to send you communications, newsletters, invitations, etc.);
- whenever it is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations (e.g., compliance with money laundering regulations, etc.);
- whenever it is necessary in view of legitimate interests of Araoz & Rueda justifying the processing (e.g., adoption of security measures).
In each case, information in accordance with applicable regulations is provided.
Personal data is collected and processed for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes. Depending on the case, your personal data may be processed for the purpose of:
- communicating with you within the context of cases or transactions;
- receiving or subscribing communications, newsletters or invitations;
- considering your application to be part of our organization;
- participating in surveys on our services to improve client experience.
3. Recipients of your personal data
To preserve the confidentiality and security of your personal data, only the persons authorized by Araoz & Rueda can have access to them and never before having committed to the corresponding confidentiality obligations.
Among the authorized persons, in addition to lawyers and relevant administrative staff employed by Araoz & Rueda, there may be service providers who may need to process your personal data to render the relevant services (e.g., transport and logistics, courier, electronic distribution services…).
Araoz & Rueda ensures that this processing by our service providers is subject to the same obligations and commitments binding on us.
4. Security of your personal data
Araoz & Rueda undertakes its best efforts and diligence to preserve the security and confidentiality of personal data, prevent data security breaches, deliberated manipulations and non-authorized accesses to such data.
Thus, Araoz & Rueda has all appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to ensure that personal data is processed and stored adequately and for the duration that the relevant purpose requires.
5. Keeping your personal data
Araoz & Rueda keeps your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which your personal data are processed and in any case, according to the applicable regulations and to the legal obligations to keep certain data.
6. Rights of data subjects
Subject to the limits under applicable regulations, you are entitled to exercise the following rights on your personal data:
- Right of access and information (art. 15 GDPR): in particular, you have the right to request from us information on the purposes of the processing of your personal data, the specific categories of data concerned, the recipients of your personal data, the source of your personal data if they were not collected from you, the envisaged storage period and the existence of any automated decision-making.
- Right to rectification (art. 16 GDPR): obtain the rectification of your personal data that are inaccurate as well as, in view of the purposes for processing, the right to have incomplete personal date completed.
- Right to erasure (art. 17 GDPR): obtain the erasure of your personal data provided that the processing is not required to comply with legal obligations or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or due for reasons of public interest.
- Right to restriction of processing (art. 18 GDPR): obtain a restriction of processing of your personal data where (i) you have informed us on the inaccuracy of your personal data and for the period necessary to verify the accuracy of said data, (ii) the processing of your data is not in accordance with applicable regulations and you decide to request appropriate restrictions instead of erasure; or (iii) you have objected to a specific processing of your personal data pursuant to art. 21 GDPR but there are legitimate grounds for us to continue other processing and verification thereunder is pending.
- Right to portability (art. 20 GDPR): within the limits established by applicable regulations, when processing is based on your consent or on a contract, this right allows you to receive the personal data you have made available to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to another data controller without hindrance from us. When technically feasible, provided you so request, Araoz & Rueda will transmit directly your personal data to another controller.
- Right to withdraw your consent (art. 7.3 GDPR): where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you will be entitled to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to lodge a complaint (art. 77 GDPR): if, despite Araoz & Rueda’s efforts to preserve the security and confidentiality of your personal data, you consider that your rights have been infringed, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with a supervisory or control authority, in particular, the authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. In any event, a list of supervisory and control authorities should be made available by the European Commission in its website (http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm).
7. Exercise of your rights
For exercising your rights as well as for any questions and clarifications that you might need on this Policy, you may contact us by means of electronic mail, post or fax to:
Órgano de Control Interno – Protección de Datos
Araoz & Rueda Abogados, S.L.P.
Paseo de la Castellana 164
28046 Madrid – Spain
Tlf: +34 91 319 02 33
Fax: +34 91 319 13 50