We are aware that the optimization of tax costs improves the competitivity of our clients, and hence all our actions in relation to taxes have a common objective: the transaction must be carried out in a tax-efficient manner. With this aim, our tax advisors analyze the different tax structural possibilities for a transaction, identifying, in a proactive way, the challenges and opportunities in tax matters in defence of our client’s interests.
We have a highly specialized team, familiar with the complexity of all types of national and international operations, as well as with the continuous development of the relevant legislation.
We have extensive experience in all sorts of tax advice:
- Mergers and Acquisitions, sales, divisions, selling of shares and investment and divestment operations carried out by companies and venture capital funds (tax analysis in restructuring operations). Analysis and planning of the tax-financial situation and tax advising.
- International tax law (advising foreign investments in Spain, etc.).
- General tax law (including planning of the Corporate Income Tax and VAT, planning for stock options and other forms of remuneration for directors and employees).
- Real estate tax.
- Inspection procedures, Administrative adjudicative and economic proceedings, (consulting the Tax Office and assistance in tax inspections, claims before courts, etc).
Recommendations in legal directories:
"Recommended firm" in Tax in Chambers & Partners, The Legal 500 EMEA and PLC Which Lawyer in all editions since 2005 up to the latest in 2013.
"Recommended firm" in Tax: Javier Prieto leads the team and is respected by interviewees for providing sophisticated tax advice on domestic and international M&A transactions.
- CHAMBERS GLOBAL GUIDE 2013 EDITION -
"Recommended firm" in Tax: "excellent service, responses are clear, accurate and on time". Javier Prieto heads the team. - THE EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA LEGAL 500 2013 EDITION -
"Recommended firm" in Tax. Javier Prieto recently joined the firm. Clients describe him as "serious, technically strong and responsive" and admire his capacity to understand their needs. - CHAMBERS GLOBAL GUIDE 2012 EDITION -
"Recommended firm" in Tax. At Araoz & Rueda "the level of service is excellent" and "responses are clear and accurate". Partner Javier Prieto is recommended.
- THE EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA LEGAL 500 2012 EDITION -
"Recommended firm" in Tax. Negotiating ability and capacity to find innovative solutions when required. - CHAMBERS EUROPE GUIDE 2011 EDITION -
"Recommended firm" in Tax. Araoz & Rueda has a "very efficient" tax practice. "Knowledgeable and practical", the team is "very committed to achieving its goals." - THE EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA LEGAL 500 2011 EDITION -
"Recommended firm" in Tax: Araoz & Rueda´s tax practice is well regarded by clients. Clients praise the firm for its quick response times, and "low turnover, allowing for a long relationship and better understanding of our needs."
- THE EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA LEGAL 500 2010 EDITION -
"Recommended firm" in Tax: This mid-sized firm was established in the early 1990s with a clear corporate focus. It has successfully diversified since then, and today tax constitutes one of its key departments. Clients view the team´s size as a benefit, noting: "We feel that the lawyers are close to our company, they understand us and work with us as a team." Sources describe the tax team as "dynamic and proactive." - CHAMBERS EUROPE GUIDE 2010 EDITION -
“Recommended firm" in Tax: "We were very positively impressed with the high level of quality of the tax practice of the firm”. - THE EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA LEGAL 500 2009 EDITION -
“Recommended firm" in Tax. “Proactive attitude and ability to explain issues clearly”. - CHAMBERS EUROPE GUIDE 2008 EDITION -
“Recommended firm" in Tax: The firm´s tax practice handles work for a variety of domestic and international clients, including M&A and restructuring related advice and international tax planning.
- THE EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA LEGAL 500 2008 EDITION -